|Internship Opportunities at Bryan Farrish Radio Promotion (Note: The pictures below are not our actual interns... but they look the part.)
The main requirement of an internship is that you currently live in the Los Angeles area. We have plenty of internships available, so there is no need to pre-apply before you move here.
Internships work like this: You are directed to see one of our staff. If both of you decide that you would be suited for an internship, then this person will become your supervisor.
Office work: Data entry; search music and radio reference sites; pack and send mailings to radio; search for info on prospective clients.
Computer work: Assist your supervisor in updating our radio, artist, interview and syndication databases by seeking out additional information...then entering it. Assist in web marketing, using email, forums, message boards, lists, chats, guestbooks, and links.
Here are the highlights of internships at Bryan Farrish Radio Promotion...
• Available year round.
• Hours are very flexible: Choose from 10 to 20 hours per week, and from 8am to 7pm.
• Days are very flexible: Choose from two or more days per week.
• Full training is provided. Even if you have no skills, we will find something that you can be trained for. And you will not easily forget what you learn.
• Yes, we sometimes hire our interns.
• No, there is no fixed length for an internship; when you have stopped learning, you may leave at any time. But, you may stay as long as you wish.
• Full resume' credit is provided; college credit is provided too, if needed.
• Many times, our interns are hired by other companies in Los Angeles...music stores, labels, music publications, booking agencies, marketing companies, radio stations, etc. Most artist-type companies in Los Angeles know who we are, and we are gaining awareness in the PR and syndication world, which helps tremendously when you apply with them.
• As opposed to the internships you may get at major companies, our internships put you right into the actual work that music or radio or PR companies in Los Angeles need. While major companies will have you just sorting papers and sending faxes, we will have you contacting artists, small labels, public speakers, book authors, topic experts (all by email, while also getting to see their websites,) as well as researching DJ's on college stations, and talkshow hosts on commercial stations. Eventually you may even be calling college radio stations yourself. This will not happen at the majors.
• Articles on airplay are available here...
• Articles on radio PR are available here...
• No resume' is needed, since internships are for those who want to learn... not those who have already learned.
• Internships are unpaid. You do, however, get occaisional CDs, t-shirts, gig passes, and other items.
To apply for an internship in the Santa Monica office (music and PR), call 310-998-8305 ext 11, and leave a message telling us a little about you, and what you would like to learn.